> Following post was shared by Bolanle.
F1 Visa Interview Tips from Bolanle is short must read.
I was interviewed today at the U.S Embassy here in Nigeria and I got my visa.
Getting there early as possible matters a whole lot as it eases of a little nervousness,i went through series of security check and i finally got into the main interview room.
I met a whole lot of people but i decided not to be nervous course i might end up being denied. My number was called and i went to meet the consular and gave him a warm hearty smile and greeted him, he responded back too.
He asked questions on why i wanted to study in the U.S and what strong tie i had with my home country.
I gave him good answers and all he said was “GREAT” and he checked my bank statement and told me to come back for my visa…i was swell happy.
Tips you should know;
- Try to be calm when answering questions.
- Always put on a smile and maintain eye contact when the V.O asks and expects you to answer questions.
- Never argue with the V.O or show you know more than they do,make your answers brief and simple.
- Make the interview an interactive session.
- Know full details about the school/schools you applying to.
- Before submitting your DS-160,make sure you know full details of what you filled in.
- And lastly start and back all you do with prayers for a happy ending.
All the best and a very big thank you to H.S.B!