Watch the following video to learn about what to expect during your Port of Entry.
Typically after your flight lands, you will
- clear immigration
- collect your bags
- clear customs check
Have the following document ready for immigration check
- I-94 card given during inflight
- Customs Declaration Form
- Admission Letter
Make sure you know where you are going. You are *required* to provide an address in USA.
If your apartment is not fixed, then you can provide your Graduate School or International School office address.
Update Based on Comment Below
After landing in Port of Entry (if final destination is different from your port of entry)
- - you will clear the immigration
- - get a baggage cart (free or $5 per cart)
- - then collect the bags ( all 3)
- - walk through customs ( hand over the stamped customs form to CBP officer)
- - Find United Check-in counter.
- - Check in the bags ( collect boarding pass if you already don’t have one)
Your connecting flight check-in should be located right after you come through the customs. If you can’t find the the counter, speak-up and ask for help.
That’s why having travel partner will come in handy.