I’m not scoring high in SAT Critical Reading questions. What is the Best book for SAT Critical Reading prep? I want to improve reading and writing score in 700-800 range, how do I do it?
You have identified your weak area in SAT Test – Critical Reading. Now, you can concentrate on improving your SAT scores.
Unlike Math section, critical reading scores can’t be improved by memorizing formulas. It takes practice and time. Along with following books, you have to read magazines, noels that will improve your critical reading skills.
Here is a list of best book for SAT Critical Reading section.
Best book for SAT Critical Reading
- Rocket Review Revolution : The Ultimate Guide to the New SAT and the PSAT [ Top Pick for CR ]
- Barron’s SAT Critical Reading Workbook [ Top Pick ]
- Gruber’s Complete SAT Critical Reading Workbook
- The Official SAT Study Guide [ Top Pick - College Board ]
- Kaplan SAT Critical Reading (5 Star)
- James Hong SAT Critical Reading Game (4.5*)
- Direct Hits Core Vocabulary – SAT [ Top Pick ]
- McGraw-Hill’s Top 50 Skills for a Top Score: SAT Critical Reading and Writing
- Vocabulary Cartoons, SAT Word Power
Books to Improve Reading Skills to SAT
5 more SAT test prep books
- Consider the Lobster and Other Essays
- Temple of Texts
- Picture These SAT Words in a Flash
- 500 Key Words for SAT
- Barron’s Hot words for SAT
Barron’s SAT Critical Reading Book – Review
HEY i’m a highschool junior and I had a projected 650 for the SAT critical reading from the PSATs but i worked through the practice sections (and there are A LOT of good practices in this book) and got a 740 after 2 weeks working through this book on the actual SAT. so yeah, it’s definitely helpful. Barron’s SAT Critical Reading Workbook also has a lot of good vocabulary practice and tip and several critical reading practice tests.
Rocket Review Revolution – Ultimate SAT Guide
Best SAT Critical Reading book of all the books listed above goes to Rocket Review Revolution.
Rocket Review Revolution’s author Adam Robinson is the co-founder of The Princeton Review, the phenomenally successful test prep company, and primary author of the New York Times bestseller, Cracking the SAT.
Mr. Robinson’s Rocket Review Revolution : The Ultimate Guide to the New SAT and the PSAT online program designed to aid students in practicing for the essay portion of the test is an amazing bonus.