Looking for Best books for GRE Computer Science Subject Test?
Compared to GRE General tests, number of books for GRE Computer science is limited.
Let’s look at an overview of GRE Computer Science Subject test contents and look for best Books for GRE Computer Science Subject Test based on the test contents.
GRE Computer Science Test Overview
- Approximately 70 multiple-choice questions
- The approximate distribution of questions in each edition of the test according to content categories is indicated by the following outline.
- The percentages given are approximate; actual percentages will vary slightly from one edition of the test to another.
GRE Computer Science – Test Contents
- Software systems and methodology — 40%
- Computer organization and architecture — 15%
- Theory and mathematical background — 40%
- Other topics — 5%
GRE Computer Science Books
Once, you get an idea about question types, you can refer to the following Computer Science Books
- Schaum’s Outline of Principles of Computer Science
- Schaum’s Outline of Computer Architecture
- Schaum’s Outline of Essential Computer Mathematics
- Elements of the Theory of Computation
Four books listed above should cover GRE Computer Science Subject test contents.
When number of test takers taking GRE Computer Science testis very small, looks like companies are not interested in investing time and money to create Computer Science GRE Subject test prep books.
Books for GRE Computer Science Subject Test
- ETS GRE Computer Science Subject Test
- GRE Computer Science (REA)
- GRE Computer Science Test Secrets Study Guide
- Arco – GRE Computer Science
Only 4 books were available in Amazon that are specific for GRE Computer Science Subject test.
But, reviews of the books are really poor and it’s not recommended those books.
There are few Graduate programs that require GRE Computer Science Subject test for admission.
Also, if your General GRE score is less, then GRE Computer Science Subject test score can improve your chances of admission.
Do you have any question about Books for GRE Computer Science Subject Test?