Now, you might be wondering why I’m promoting Hong Kong University of Science and Technology here at HSB.
HKUST Campus – Aerial View
I received an email from Dr. Muppala last week about options available in the blog to spread the word about Hong Kong University of Science and Technology at HSB readers.
I spent several minutes looking at HKUST site, professors, programs, rankings, etc.
- #1 (World’s Top 200 Asian Universities – QS Asian University Rankings 2012)
- #3 (World’s Top 100 Universities Under 50 – Times Higher Education Top 100 Universities Under 50 2012).
After going through the degree plan, courses, I decided to promote their upcoming visits to cities in India from October 15th to October 19th.
Just like you, I have several questions about the university, degree programs, validity of the degree in other countries, job opportunities, financial aid, living in Hong Kong, etc.
Now, you have a wonderful opportunity to meet with professors and admission directors to get answers to above questions.
HKUST India Visits
5 representatives from HKUST will be visiting India – 3 from School of Engineering and 2 from School of Science
||15 Oct 2012
||3:00 – 4:30pm, venue to be confirmed
||16 Oct 2012
||3:30 – 4:30pm, venue to be confirmed
||17 Oct 2012
||2:30 – 4:00pm, venue to be confirmed
||18 Oct 2012
||Indian Institute of Information Technology
||2:00 – 3:00pm, venue to be confirmed
||18 Oct 2012
||5:30 – 7:00pm, venue to be confirmed
||19 Oct 2012
||Indian Institute of Science
||2:00 – 3:30pm, venue to be confirmed
*HKUST will work on an agreement on scientific collaboration and explore the possibility of allowing their employee’s studying research program in HKUST.
School of Engineering
- Prof Christopher CHAO (Associate Dean of Engineering – Research & Graduate Studies)
- Prof Jogesh MUPPALA (Associate Professor – Department of Computer Science & Engineering)
- Miss Margaret CHAU (Assistant Director – Research & Graduate Studies)
School of Science
- Prof Michael LOY (Chair Professor – Department of Physics)
- Prof David BANFIELD (Professor – Division of Life Science)
HKUST Campus – View from South China Sea
Departments in School of Engineering
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering (CBME)
- Civil & Environmental Engineering (CIVL)
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Electronic & Computer Engineering (ECE)
- Industrial Engineering & Logistics Management (IELM)
- Mechanical Engineering (MECH)
Inter-Disciplinary Research Programs
- Bioengineering (BIEN)
- Environmental Engineering (EVNG)
- Nanatechnology (NANO)
- Energy Technology (ENEG)
Please visit School of Engineering for further information.
Departments in School of Science
- Life Science
Please visit School of Science for further information.
Hong Kong PhD Fellowship
Established in 2009 by the Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC)*, the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest students from around the world to pursue doctoral studies in Hong Kong.
Successful candidates will be awarded HK$240,000 (~INR$ 1,632,581) and a conference travel allowance of HK$10,000 (~INR$ 68,024) per year for three years.
About 135 PhD Fellowships will be awarded in each academic year**. The School of Engineering at HKUST has been most successful among any Hong Kong institutions in recruiting the highest numbers of HKPF awardees in the last 3 years in a row. (HK$ 1 ~ INR$ 6.8)
- Deadline for submission of initial application via RGC System: 1 Dec 2012
- Deadline for HKPFS application via HKUST Admissions System: 3 Dec 2012
Please visit Hong Kong PhD Fellowship for further information.
HKUST – Library
Why Study at HKUST?
- One of the top-ranked universities in the world!
- Overall Masters Program and PhD programs have good value
- Cost per year is $42,100 HKD (about 5,400 USD). Compare that to $10,000 per semester in USA.
- Most of the professors have degrees from USA, UK, Canada, etc.
When you can get similar quality of education that you get in USA for a fraction of cost, why not meet the HKUST professors and learn more about their programs?
If you cannot attend the event and interested in HKUST, post a comment to this post expressing your interest. Single line comment like “I’m interested to learn more about HKUST” will do.
Interested students are welcome to directly contact Dr. Jogesh Muppala ([email protected]) for further information.
Please quote that you saw us on HSB Blog.