If you are going to appear for US F1 Visa interview, then read several F1 Visa Interview experiences.
Getting International Student F1 Visa stamping is an thrilling experience.
Evey student have to face the same amount tension and process of preparing the documents for the visa interview. During the process, its common to search for the list of questions they could be asked during the interview.
Here’s possible list of Sample F1 Visa Interview questions and link to actual actual F1 Visa interview experience submitted by students.
F1 Visa Interview Experience
- Fall 2011 PhD – Visa Approved
- F1 Visa experience – Approved Fall 2011
- Student Visa for USA – Bachelors
- Student Visa for USA – MBA
Link to complete List of 75+ F1 Visa Interview Experiences
F1 Visa Interview Questions
College and University
Example f1 visa interview questions related to college and university of your choice. Format of the questions might vary, but it will be similar to ones listed below. Visa officer might as why did you select this university instead of which university you are going and why.
- Why the specified university?
- Which universities did you apply to?
- Where did you get admission?
- Where did you complete under-graduate/graduate degree?
- What is your undergraduate Academic GPA/Percentage?
- Tell about your university?
- Mention name of the professor’s you had contact?
- When and where did you get your bachelor’s degree?
- Why this university and not other universities?
- How long will you study in USA?
- How do you know about this university?
- What is your academic background?
- Do you plan to study Ph D after MS?
- Why did you apply to these universities?
- These subjects are also taught in other universities also but why this university?
Note – If you read sample F1 visa interview experience shared by students, most of the questions will be from the list here.
Read how they have answered and what mistakes student made.
Bank and Finance Related
You have to be prepared for worst case scenarios with respect to F1 interview questions and answers related to bank balance and finance. You might be asked to show bank statements, pass book, latest transactions and other finance related documents. Get help with interview questions from those who have got visa.
- Who is sponsoring you?
- What does your father do?
- What is your father’s income?
- What is your university yearly expense?
- Have you got any loans?
- Show your Pass Book/ Bank Statement?
- How will you finance your education for 2years or 3 years? (generally you have to prove that you can fund the first year of your education but we
Suggest that you be prepared with this answer)
- Your bank pass book shows large transactions recently been deposited? How do you explain that?
- What is your father’s salary? / How long has he been working here?
Key to successful F1 visa interview stamping is to learn from the mistakes of other F1 Visa interview experience.
Relatives and Family Members
During f1 visa appointments make sure you remember the answers you gave in the interview form (DS160). If you have relatives in USA then declare. Trying to hide the answers can cause you lot of trouble.
- How many brother and sisters do you have?
- Do you have any relatives in USA?
- What is your mother?
- Where did your brother/ parents complete their studies?
- Where do your parents live?
- You have sisters and brothers and how do you think your sponsor will pay for your education
- Do you have a brother/ sister, or any other relative already at this university?
Its possible to get Potential Immigrant rejection if you try to lie for questions about relatives. Read more from actual F1 visa interview experience.
Work/Job Related USA Visa Interview Questions
- Why are you leaving you current job? (if you are working)
- Show your work experience letter
- What is your current salary?
- How much do you have in savings?
There are few F1 Visa interview experience where students appeared with few years work experience. See how they answered the questions.
General Student Visa Questions
- Why did you choose US but not Canada or Germany?
- What kind of good things do you know about America?
- What do you expect after returning back?
- Why do you plan to do MS?
- Why are your GRE/ TOEFL scores low?
- You look like a potential immigrant or I don’t think you will come back?
- What do you know about US education?
- Why are you applying for Fall only?
- What will you do after completing MS?
- Why study in USA?
- Did you get any scholarship?
- What are your plans after graduation?
- Tell me how you can prove that you are going to come back? ( else Rejection under 214(b))
- Have you ever been to America?
- What will you do after coming back from USA?
- Do you know anyone (in USA) in your university?
- What will you do if your student visa is rejected?
- Will you come home during summer?
- Why do you think the university is giving you a scholarship?
- Why do you wish to study in the USA and not in India?
- Why did you change your field ( Mechanical or Electrical to Computer Science)
If you know other templates of F1 Visa questions you can be asked or you were asked during the F1 visa interview experience for USA, you can write a comment to this article.
Its good idea to record your mock f1 interview experience using audio and video tools. It will give good feedback on your performance. Analyze the questions and answers, improve the way you speak and respond to answers.