Harry posted the following F1 Visa Stamping Experience at Mumbai Consulate. Including this post, there are total of 15 F1 Visa Interview Experiences published in the blog for Fall 2010.
I have been reading the comment posted on HSB for last 1 yr. Today was my Visa interview at 9.15 am at Mumbai Consulate. I was tensed but kept a fake smile and confidence on my face.
My turn came and I had to go to counter no 10.
VO-Hi,how you doing?
Me-Am doing good:-)
VO-Any other admits?
VO-Why this course?
Me-Said about the universities unique application of the subject in different field and stated the profile of one of the professors whose going to be my academic advisor also the research done by him.
VO-whose going to sponsor ?
VO-Father’s annual income?
VO-(Paused,looked at me )ok your visa is been granted.
- Basically be prepared with answers.Smile and greet.
- VO doesn’t have time to look into your documents.
- Go through the questions mentioned in HSB,these are more than enough.
- Frame small answers e.g., why USA?
- education pattern
- the course is well established in US compared to any other country
- US has the required infrastructure and technology
- State of the art(best faculties)are there in US universities.
Why XYZ course?
Why this college?
Getting visa is 50% preparation,and 50% luck. All the best.