This is guest post by Immigration Attorney Elaine Martin based in Dallas, TX. She answers some of the frequently asked questions about H1B Visa and consequences of layoff.
H1B and Laid Off – FAQ’s
- How long can I stay in the US after my H-1B job ends?
- Can I stay in the US to look for another job?
- What are my employer’s obligations if I am laid off?
- Can I collect unemployment or other benefits while unemployed?
- Can I change to another status to stay in the US?
- What happens to my green card process if I am laid off?
Read the answers for the above H1B Visa and Laid Off FAQ’s questions here.
Elaine Martin has provided trusted and creative immigration solutions to individuals and corporations since 1997. She has focused on employment and family-based immigration for many years, and is an immigrant herself so she understands the concerns of her clients.