I invite you to write a guest blog posts for Happy Schools Blog. Following FAQ’s will help you write, edit, format and submit the blog posts.
HSB reached 1 million page views per month (May 2010) and expected to grow in traffic.
FAQ: Guest Post
- Article Text - Use bold, underlines, paragraphs to give your article text more clarity.
- Post Length : 500 to 750 Words
- Author Byline – Maximum 2 lines about you with link to your website, twitter handle or whatever you want to share with our readers.
- Images : We may add images to the blog post.
- Headline: We reserve the right to tweak it for SEO, style or just to make it more attractive. But if you want to suggest one, that makes our job easier.
Will my pot be edited after submission?
That depends on how well you write it! We reserve the right to edit submissions. If you write cleanly, we’ll make a few edits and publish without sending you the final version.
Can the post deleted after we publish it?
Once it’s up, it’s up. There’s no going back. So please think hard about whether you feel comfortable with that particular post with your byline in the public domain.
Do I get an Author Profile in the Blog?
If you are going to contribute more than 3 articles, you will get Contributor Access in WordPress.
How to submit the post?
Share your post via the form (below).
If you have contributor access, you can login into your WordPress dashboard and submit the new post.
I will check for your social profile and online presence
I receive several articles from content writers who are paid to build links for their clients. Typically such request come from general gmail and yahoo email service providers without associated social profile. If I cannot verify your social profile (email with your domain name, LinkedIn, FB, Twitter, blog, etc) I wouldn’t be able to publish the blog post.
If the article is well written and I cannot verify your social presense, external links in your article will have nofollow tag.
Are there any topics in particular you’re interested in right now?
We are looking for articles in following topics
- Test Prep Experience, Tips, Study plan and strategies
- College Admission tips
- Lifestyle and Student activities in College
- Student Visa Interview Prep and Experience
- Travel Tips and Experience
- Student Loan and Personal Finance
- Job search, Networking, Career advice
- Immigration Related Q&A for F1, OPT, CPT, H1B and Green Card
- Study Abroad Experience
Can I republish the post on my own blog or other networks?
All content must be exclusive to Happy Schools Blog for 30 days. But we encourage authors to summarize and/or link to the post on their own blog (even within that 30-day window).
After 30 days, authors are welcome to repost the content to their own or other websites. We request a link back to Happy Schools Blog as the original publisher.
Here’s the blurb we suggest: This post first appeared on Happy Schools Blog
Articles We Don’t Accept
- Sponsored paid articles / links
- From content writers without social profile, blog or LinkedIn profile
- Previously published by you in same/modified form on your/any other site
- Self promotional articles for your product / service
- Containing affiliate links
- Containing links for unrelated sites
- Hidden info /Misrepresentation of facts
- Fake author info
- Copied and modified articles from any site
- Inappropriate / abusive language
- Defamatory content / suggestion
- Linking out to adult sites / redirects
- Copyrighted content
- Too short (less then 500 words)