Prak shared his H1B Visa Stamping Experience Chennai Consulate.
- Education- Masters Degree in US
- Work Experience – 2 Years as Consultant
- H1B Visa Stamping – First time visiting India after H1B Approval
H1B Visa Stamping Experience Chennai
- How long before did you book the dates for Visa Appointment?
Before 2 weeks
- Were you able to get the date you were planning?
- Apart from following list of H1B Visa Stamping document, did you carry any additional documents?
Letter from Client, Tax statements, Electricity Bill, Drivers License and all degree certificates
- Can you walk us through about steps and experience at US Consulate ( arriving at consulate, waiting before interview, documents verification,…)
Reached consulate before an hour but sent back immediately. My 2cents don’t go early to the consulate. 15 mins before the schedule time is good enough.
Don’t take any sealed envelops. Security person will stamp all envelops this will take some time. No cell phones not even chocolates or Chewing Gums
There are pre-screening counters where they check all your documents(I-797, LCA) if everything is satisfactory then you will be directed towards visa interview room
- How long was your interview?
About 10 minutes
- What question did VO ask?
Where did do your Masters?
Where are you working right now?
- When did you get the passport back?
- How was entry procedure at Port of Entry?
Easy. One question – Where do you work?
- Many forums posts say things like – Dont go for H1B stamping, People are sent back home from Port of Entry, … what is your thoughts about that?
Rumors, don’t believe in those.
- Do you work as full time employee or as consultant?
- How big is your company ( number of employees)
Additional Visa Stamping Questions
If you have additional questions, you can leave a comment below, Prak will reply to your comments.
Next – Read another readers H1B Visa Stamping in Chennai (OFC and Interview)