Flight Experience India to USA – Shared by Subham.
My flight and 1st day.
Well..I boarded Air India Kol-Del-NY flight from Kolkata.
Had two big time problems at the Kolkata Airport.
- One involved technical troubles where they couldn’t generate my boarding pass
- Other one was my fault…I had an overweight of luggage.
Air India Flight Baggage
Air India allows 23X3=69 kgs for F1 student and that involves not a total of 69kgs but EACH SHOULD WEIGH 23KGS.
They initially told me to give 50$ but then it was their merciful nature that I didn’t have to pay. But it took me 1 hour to finally check-in due to luggage fiasco..so BE CAREFUL…(it took me another hour to get the DEL-JFK boarding pass but that was a technical error).
Flight India to USA
The flight was comfortable. Its 1 1/2 days since I reached USA and I haven’t had a jet lag primarily, I guess because I oriented myself in the flight according to the US time.
- Slept according to the US clock
- Drank lots and lots of water
- Walked a few times
How to Avoid Jet Lag while traveling to USA.
Flight was safe. Immigration took a bit of a time due to the long queue…but it was ok and quick.
First Day in USA
Since I already have friends and seniors here, I am not suffering from complete unfamiliar nature but I am having a bit of a problem due to the accent. But the people here are very nice and patient..so that wont bother much…
More updates at a later date… Remember about the weight thing.
Your flight experience , why overlooking simple instructions will get you into trouble.
- So,make sure you read and understand baggage requirements for International Flight to USA.
- It used to be 32 Kgs per suitcase, but airlines first reduced to 23 kgs per suitcase and now some airlines charge for baggage too.
- Be careful when you book your flights and confirm about baggage restrictions.
- Good to see you accept the fault with the overweight baggage and didn’t blame Air India
Looking forward to see more posts from you. You are the first person from fall 2011 batch to share your flight journey.
Hope, more folks will come forward to share their flight trip to USA.