Universitas 21 (U21) have published rankings countries based on Higher Education System. Total of 48 countries have been considered for the Rankings.
The Universitas 21 ranking of national higher education systems has been developed to highlight the importance of creating a strong environment for higher education institutions to contribute to economic and cultural development, provide a high-quality experience for students and help institutions compete for overseas applicants.
Factors used for Rankings Resources, Environment, Connectivity, Output
- Resource – Government expenditure, total expenditure, R&D expenditure in tertiary institutions.
- Environment variable comprises the gender balance in students and academic staff, a data quality variable and a quantitative index of the policy and regulatory environment based on survey results.
- Degree of monitoring (and its transparency), freedom of employment conditions and in the choice of the CEO, and diversity of funding.
- Connectivity - Numbers of international students and articles written jointly with international collaborators.
- Output – Research output and its impact, the presence of worldclass universities, participation rates and the qualifications of the workforce.
World Higher Education Rankings of Countries
As you can see USA is Ranked #1 and followed by Sweden, Canada, Finland, Denmark, Switzerland, Norway, Australia, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
About Universitas 21
Universitas 21 is the leading global network of research-intensive universities, working together to foster global citizenship and institutional innovation through research-inspired teaching and learning, student mobility, connecting our students and staff, and wider advocacy for internationalisation.
Few months back we had heated discussion about Education in India in the following articles
Above report more or less confirms reasons argued why Education System in India needs drastic change and invalidates argument people where having in favor of Education system in India.
You can read in detail about the factors used to determine the rankings of countries providing best higher education.
Its sad to see India ranked at last place (#48) of 48 countries considered for Rankings, but that’s the reality. So many talented students flocking to other countries for Higher Education.
When Indian students can shine and reach new height in foreign countries, why not same opportunity can be provided for them within India?