Do you want to know the Richest Colleges in America?
According to recent study, there are 39 Colleges with over Billion dollars in their Bank.
What do they do with the extra money?
Colleges invest the money. Investment is risky. If stock market goes down, so does the investment.
Public Universities are funded by State Government.
Private Universities depend on alumni sponsors to raise funds for their endowment fund
When you graduate from US College, you can expect phone calls from them for donations.
In a recent study on endowment study from the National Association of College and University Business Owners, evaluated the 2011 endowment funds for 839 institutions in the U.S.
Out of 839, 75 schools have more than $1 billion in the bank.
Here is the list of 10 Richest Colleges in USA.
What do you think the richest colleges should do with their money?
The Richest College in America: Harvard University
- 2011 endowment funds: $31,728,080,000 (31 Billion and Change)
- Change from previous year: 15.1%
- Type: 4-year, Private not-for-profit
- Campus setting: City: Midsize
- Student population: 27,594 (10,265 undergraduate)
- Tuition and Living Under Graduate – $56,000
- Tuition – Graduate Student – $36,304