Good News for all GRE Test Takers. Many HSB readers will be appearing for GRE Exam before new GE pattern starts on August 1, 2011. To help you kick start your GRE Preparation, how about we start a GRE Test Prep Boot Camp. Its completely FREE.
What is Boot Camp Mean – he term ‘boot camp’ is currently used in the fitness industry to describe group fitness classes. They are designed to push people a little bit further than they would normally push themselves in the gym alone. Advantage of a bootcamp is that the large group dynamic will often help motivate the participants. Also, they perform variety of tasks in short period of time.
GRE Boot Camp
Happy Schools blog has so many readers who will be take GRE before July 2011. Why not create a boot camp and help you guys kick start your GRE preparation efforts? Some of you might be just getting started, while others will be studying for GRE in full swing?
- Total Boot Camp Period – 2 Weeks
- Required GRE Books and Study materials (Barrons, Nova GRE, maybe Big Book)
- You will be assigned tasks to study every day.
- You will take 1 test per day
- Post your test score on the performance tracker (visible other GRE Boot Campers)
- Access to Forums for Boot Campers to discuss questions types, study tips and strategies.
So, far it sounds simple and straight forward. Here is the tough part
- Boot Camp will be rigorous.
- Plan to spend atleast 3+ hours per day
- During registration, you will be asked to Set your Target Score
- Day 1 of the Boot Camp will determine your current skill level.
- Enter your test score data every day to monitor your progress.
- Its easy to enter data without actually completing your task (but you are at loss)
Your study schedule will be similar to 1 Month GRE Study Plan
It will not be as rigorous as spending 7 hours per day, but plan to spend atleast 3 hours per day.
How can GRE Boot Camp help you?
Students usually tend to concentrate and get serious about GRE preparation when test date approaches. Also, its a challenge to find group of other GRE test takers. If you happen to see someone from boot camp consistently getting high score, you can learn from them.
- What do you think of this GRE Boot Camp Idea?
- Do you have additional suggestions?
- Planned start date – Feb14/2011.
If you are interested, do let us know by leaving your comment below. If we get atleast 50 different readers, then we can proceed with this idea.
Register for Boot Camp – Closed
Buy Barrons GRE 2011 ( Rs 255 in India)
Barrons GRE 18th Edition (buy in USA from Amazon)
Boot Camp will start Next Monday (Feb 14th). Try to get this book before that. Also, you would need Power Prep Software (free download from ETS for current format).
If you have already registered, wait for email notifications with links to forums later this week. You should have a copy of Barrons GRE Book (link above)