Here is a quick overview about the bill HR 3012
- Introduced – 09/21/2011
- House Judiciary Committee – Passed (10/27/2011)
- House Vote – Passed (Nov/29/2011)
- Senate Vote - TDB
- President Sign – TDB
HR 3012 bill if passed will gradually
- Remove per country cap on Employment based Green cards
- This will also increase the family based green card cap to 15%
Learn about the impact of HR 3012.
Irish Work Visa Bill with HR3012
Senator. Charles Schumer, D-New York, -
- Bill to eliminate per-country caps for employment-based immigration applications from countries with large backlogs like China and India.
- It would also grant visa waivers to undocumented Irish immigrants, a move widely unpopular with Republicans.
Senator Scott Brown
- Senate bill on E3 visas for the Irish, S.2005, followed in December with no provision for undocumented immigrants.
- Eliminate the provision for undocumented immigrants.
Senator Chuck Grassley
- Placed a hold on this bill when it came over to the Senate.
Latest update from CNN on HR 3012 and Irish Work Visa Bill
Beth Levine, communications director for Grassley, said he has now extended an offer to move the Brown bill forward.
“An up or down vote on Sen. Brown’s Irish visa bill would be acceptable to Sen. Grassley with some modifications dealing with the skill level of those receiving an E3 visa, the current visa program the visas would be allotted from, and the inclusion of a sunset on the program,” Levine wrote in an e-mail. “Sen. Grassley’s staff is still discussing modifications with the sponsors of the bill.”
So, the fate of Indian and Chines nationals getting Green Card bit sooner now depends on Irish Work Visa bill terms and conditions.
Can they reach a breakthrough agreement on St.Patrick’s Day?