I have given my GRE (old) on 20th June and scored 900. But the score is too less so I wish to take the GRE exam again. I can’t take GRE in June and also July is too short to improve my score. So, I have to take the new GRE pattern. Can u help me out with this dilemma? – Karan
New GRE Pattern Study Materials
- Make sure you have clearly identified weak areas
- Spend lot of time learning strategies to target the weak areas.
- You may have to buy different book to learn different strategies.
- Techniques you learned from old GRE pattern study materials doesn’t seem to work.
- Read New GRE Pattern Book Reviews
- Don’t rush to take New GRE Pattern to save 50%
Low GRE Score in Current GRE Pattern
- You have listed all the possibilities that you have and looks like you certainly know improving your score above 900 is going to be tough.
- I would suggest not to worry about taking GRE in current pattern.
- Plan to take GRE in New Pattern.
- Since you have already prepared and experience GRE test, you should improve on that.
- Learn new questions types, tips, come up with study plan and target score.
- Give atleast 3 to 4 months of prep time.
Don’t think New GRE Pattern questions types will be tough. That’s will put a dent in your confidence.
Its just not you, everyone taking New GRE format will have to prepare for new question types. Practice test are the key to ace the New GRE pattern.
Spend lot of time taking practice tests targeting Reading Comprehension and Sentence Equivalence and Text completions questions.
Keep reading all the GRE words, even though you don’t have to concentrate on analogies , antonyms, synonyms anymore, still you need to have good verbal words skills for New GRE pattern.